Your First DanceWhat song should you choose?
Your first dance as newlyweds is just one of the many important spotlight moments during your big day.
In fact for those that are joining you only for the evening reception, it will probably be the only spotlight moment they see other than the cutting of the cake.
So….what song do you choose?
Most couples I work with have a very definite idea of what their first dance track will be. But, a lot of couples I work with have no idea what song they’d like to be played for this part of their wedding reception.
Traditionally, it’s supposed to be a song which holds a special memory for both of you. Maybe it’s the first song you ever danced to when you first met? Maybe it’s the song that was playing on the radio during your first date? There are all sorts of important occasions in your lives to which a specific song might hold special memories.
But what if you really can’t think of something for that special moment?
Believe it or not….you are not alone. In fact, my wife and myself struggled to think of something for OUR first dance back in 1999 (we went with Shania Twain’s “From This Moment On” on the day and had to provide the track on CD because the DJ didn’t actually have it!)
These days, the first dance isn’t necessarily a slow “smoochie” number, and you don’t have to dance alone to the full duration of the track either. In fact should you wish, you don’t have to do a first dance at all.
But, for those struggling for options….these are the first dance tracks I’ve played recently (and yes…you’ll be surprised by some of them!).
- Perfect – Ed Sheeran
- Ghost – Ella Henderson
- Love Me Like You Do – Ellie Goulding
- For You – Chris Norman
- Let The Good Times Roll – Shirley & Lee
- Fields Of Gold – Eva Cassidy
- Amazed – Lonestar
- This Guy’s In Love With You – Herb Alpert
- Wonderful Tonight – Eric Clapton
- Flower – Amos Lee
- Thinking Out Loud – Ed Sheeran
- Love You More – JLS
- The Greatest Day – Take That!
- The One – Kodaline
- Wonderful Life – Alter Bridge
- When You Got A Good Thing – Lady Antebellum
- Gravity – Embrace
- Don’t Want To Miss A Thing – Aerosmith
- Strangers In The Night – Frank Sinatra
- Who You Love – John Mayer/Katy Perry
- Keep On Loving You – REO Speedwagon
- Forever – Chris Brown
- I Won’t Give Up – Jason Mraz
- How Long Will I Love You – Ellie Goulding
- Glowing – D.A
- Nothing Else Matters – Metallica
- Photograph – Ed Sheeran
- When A Man Loves A Woman – Percy Sledge
Check my availability or ask me a question
Let's talk about YOUR plans! Why not get in touch to see what I can do for your special day