Last night saw me at my last Old Hall wedding of 2018 – and it’s been a brilliant year in there with plenty of full dance floors.
Emma and Chris’s wedding was no exception!
Right from the First Dance (A Thousand Years by Christina Perry), the floor was busy….just the way I like it to be. Requests came in aplenty for the likes of Whitney Houston, Motown and Disco, making it hard to squeeze the Rock tracks into the mix, but we got there.
I’d previously met Chris at home before the big day just to go through what was expected from me for the evening. One of Chris’s main requests was for Classic Rock.
Now to my age group, classic rock includes Queen, Bon Jovi, Led Zeppelin….get the picture? Apparently it means something different these days and the selections included Smash Mouth, Green Day and Fallout Boy.
The night was by no means all this style of music though….far from it. Emma being a big Disney fan had put quite a few left-field selections into the mix….and the rest was down to me and the guests.
There was an unfortunate incident a couple of hours in (which I won’t share the details of) which led to my equipment being paralysed for around 15 minutes. Nothing I could have done about that no matter how much backup I have in place….sometimes these things happen.
The important thing when this happens is to be professional and get things back on-line as quickly as possible.
Yes, it threw me from what I was doing (quite a bit of equipment was damaged in the event), but I got the party started again eventually and carried on as if nothing had happened. It’s all part of the job these days unfortunately.
As already mentioned – it was wide and varied with a real selection of different genres (the Disney tracks were all Emma’s selections 😉 )
- Christina Perri – A Thousand Years
- Smash Mouth – All Star
- Busted – Year 3000
- Backstreet Boys – Everybody (Radio Edit)
- Whitney Houston – I Wanna Dance With Somebody (Who Loves Me)
- Calvin Harris – One Kiss
- Electric Light Orchestra – Mr. Blue Sky
- The Supremes – You Can’t Hurry Love
- The Jacksons – Blame It On The Boogie
- S Club 7 – Reach
- Steps – 5,6,7,8
- Rednex – Cotton Eye Joe
- Blur – Song 2
- Smash Mouth – I’m a Believer
- Busted – Crashed The Wedding
- Busted – What I Go To School For
- Idina Menzel – Let It Go
- Lebo M & Jimmy Cliff – Hakuna Matata
- Lou Bega – Mambo No. 5
- Eiffel 65 – Blue (Da Ba Dee)
- Madness – House Of Fun
- Kansas – Carry on Wayward Son (Single Version)
- Macklemore & Ryan Lewis – Downtown
- My Chemical Romance – Teenagers
- Fall Out Boy – The Last Of The Real Ones
- Rolling Stones – Paint It Black
- Pink Floyd – Another Brick In the Wall, Pt. 2
- Lyle Lovett & Randy Newman – You’ve Got a Friend In Me
- Elton John – Can You Feel The Love Tonight
- Scouting For Girls – She’s So Lovely
- Scissor Sisters – I Don’t Feel Like Dancin’ (Album version)
- MIKA – Love Today
- Chic – Le Freak
- Bee Gees – You Should Be Dancing (2007 Remastered)
- Donna Summer – Bad Girls
- Michael Jackson – Don’t Stop ’til You Get Enough (2003 Edit)
- Earth Wind and Fire – September
- Michael Jackson – Billie Jean
- Queen – Dont Stop me Now
- Queen – Bohemian Rhapsody
- Bryan Adams – Summer of ´69
- Bon Jovi – Livin On a Prayer
- ACDC – Let There Be Rock
- Green Day – Revolution Radio
- Me vs. Hero – Hey Elzar – Take It Up Another Notch
- Blur – Parklife
- John Legend – All of Me
- Bon Jovi – Always
- S Club 7 – Don’t Stop Movin
- The Spice Girls – Megamix
- Vengaboys – Boom, Boom, Boom, Boom!
- Vengaboys – We Like To Party (The Vengabus)
- Toploader – Dancing in the Moonlight (Clean)
- Toto – Africa
- Chumbawamba – Tubthumping
- Nirvana – Smells Like Teen Spirit
- Fall Out Boy – Dance, Dance
- Fall Out Boy – Still Breathing
- Kings Of Leon – Sex On Fire
- The Killers – Mr Brightside
I've had the pleasure of entertaining for LOTS of couples at The Old Hall in Ely
My second wedding of the week last night happened at my favourite local venue, The Old Hall in Ely. And what a night is was!
Another epic night of dancing at The Old Hall for Alex and Matt’s evening reception.
Another outstanding night of dancing at The Old Hall in Ely.
Wedding receptions on a Sunday night don’t come much more awesome than Alex and Becky’s celebrations at The Old Hall last night.
Tia and Chris’s wedding reception at The Old Hall in Ely featured music which was away from my comfort zone….and it was a lot of fun!
A Sunday evening wedding reception on the hottest day of the year! Despite the swealtering heat, we still managed to fill the dance floor!