It’s something I’m asked more and more. It’s a “marmite” thing which has come across the Atlantic from the USA and is becoming more popular here in the UK….the Shoe Game.
What is it?
Think back to the 1980’s and Derek Batey with his game show…..Mr & Mrs. It’s similar….but thankfully….it’s not!
For starters, I don’t wear a gold or silver sparkly jacket and say “God Bless” every five minutes!
In it’s simplest form, it’s a set of around 20 questions to which there are no right or wrong answers which the bride and groom must answer by either raising the bride’s shoe (if the answer is indeed the bride), or the groom’s shoe if the answer is the groom.
Sounds simple doesn’t it?
It’s actually hard work to facilitate and the questions have to suit the audience. Sometimes it can be raunchy, other times it has to be toned down a lot to suit the families in attendance. I ALWAYS run the questions past the bride and groom before the event!
What’s always guaranteed is a lot of laughter from your guests!
Want to see a short snippet of how it’s done? Look below!
Kimberley’s mum suggested we play the game before the main evening’s dancing commenced, Kimberley and Jason were both in agreement (it’s never a good idea to spring this one on the bride and groom), and the rest as they say…is history!
The full game lasted around 10 minutes and the questions were:
- Who asked for the first date?
- Who is the better driver?
- Who is the worst back-seat driver?
- Who is the bossiest?
- Who is the grumpiest in the mornings?
- Who hogs the duvet in the bed?
- Who snores?
- Who is the better cook?
- Who has a bigger sweet tooth?
- Who most often has the TV remote?
- Who says “I’m sorry” first after a fight?
- Who usually wins an argument?
- Who replaces the toilet paper roll more?
- Who said “I love you” first?
- Who brought up marriage first?
- Who is more likely to eat the last cookie?
- Who is more likely to share their food?
- Who is more likely to finish a tub of ice cream first?
- Who spends more time on Facebook?
- Who is more likely to check their phone during a date?
- Who is more likely to leave their keys or wallet at home?
- Who is the most stubborn?
- Who is more likely to admit that they are wrong?
- Who is always right?
- Who tends to be in the bathroom longer?
- Who is the messiest?
- Who has a crazier family?
- Who is more romantic?
- Who is more likely to have a bad hair day?
- Who is better at keeping secrets?
- Who will be the stricter parent?
- Who do you want the kids to take after?
- Who is the better kisser?
- Who says “I love you” more?
- Who do you love the most in the world?
Want something similar for YOUR wedding entertainment?
Why not get in touch for an informal, no obligation chat about your plans today?