My second wedding of the week last night happened at my favourite local venue, The Old Hall.
I haven’t been here since Chris & Emma’s wedding reception last year, so it was nice to be back in familiar surroundings and ready to help celebrate, this time for Cara and Joe.
I’d not met Cara and Joe before the day with all communication done electronically and by use of my online planning portal which all customers are given access to.
Sometimes it just goes that way and I certainly don’t insist on a face to face meeting.
The added bonus is that there was no massive pre-request list either. The music was down to the guests and myself to create the right memories and atmosphere and sometimes, that’s exactly the way it should be.
Half an hour after arrival, the disco was on stage and ready to go. I’ve been working hard over the winter slowdown to improve setup times both to create less hassle for guests when arriving and also for my own sanity. Last night, those efforts paid off.
I briefly met with Cara before they went into their cake cut and was told the only brief was to create a party…….
Now with midweek weddings, this can sometimes be a problem with guests needing to be at work the following day. Happily, it wasn’t anything to worry about for this particular wedding!
And I must have done a good job because the review below hit my TrustPilot account earlier today!
The music was a mix of just about everything in my collection, right through from kids songs in the very early evening to entertain the younger guests, to Motown, 70s disco, 80s, modern R&B, current chart and even a little Rock. It’s unusual to get quite so many genres into the mix at a wedding and it really kept me on my toes for the evening. The dance floor stayed healthy for the majority of the evening…..happy DJ 🙂
As already mentioned, the music selections were a choice of guest requests during the evening and my own judgements. Sometimes this means that the playlist appears to jump from genre to genre but it does actually work on the night (I have ways of going from Clubland music to Soul 😉 )
- Justin Bieber – Purpose (First dance)
- Justin Timberlake – Can’t Stop The Feeling
- Mark Ronson Feat. Bruno Mars – Uptown Funk
- Bee Gees – You Should Be Dancing
- Calvin Harris, Sam Smith – Promises
- Carly Rae Jepsen – Call Me Maybe
- Calvin Harris & Dua Lipa – One Kiss
- Little Mix – Black Magic
- Idina Menzel – Let It Go
- Pinkfong – Baby Shark
- Clean Bandit Feat. Sean Paul & Anne-Marie – Rockabye
- Luis Fonsi & Daddy Yankee – Despacito (Remix)
- Rak-Su – Dimelo
- Shakira feat. Wyclyff Jean – Hips don’t lie
- Sean Paul – Get Busy
- Beyonce feat. Jay-Z – Crazy In Love
- Snoop Dogg vs. David Guetta – Sweat (Remix)
- Alexandra Stan – Mr. Saxobeat
- Vengaboys – We Like To Party (The Vengabus)
- LMFAO – Party Rock Anthem
- LMFAO – Sexy and I Know It
- Maroon 5 Feat Christina Aguilera – Moves Like Jagger
- Led Zeppelin – Whole Lotta Love
- Aerosmith & Run-DMC – Walk This Way
- Bon Jovi – You Give Love A Bad Name
- Guns N’ Roses – Paradise City
- The Supremes – You Can’t Hurry Love
- Jackson 5 – I Want You Back
- Stevie Wonder – Signed, Sealed, Delivered 2014
- The O’Jay – Love Train
- Lionel Richie – Dancing On The Ceiling
- Earth Wind and Fire – September
- Michael Jackson – Billie Jean
- The Jacksons – Can you feel it
- Whitney Houston – I Wanna Dance With Somebody (Who Loves Me)
- Backstreet Boys – Everybody (Radio Edit)
- M People – One Night in Heaven
- Bryan Adams – Summer of ´69
- Bon Jovi – Livin On a Prayer
- Queen – Dont Stop me Now
- Queen – We Will Rock You
- The Fratellis – Chelsea Dagger
- Guns N Roses – Sweet Child O Mine
- Queen – Bohemian Rhapsody
- Journey – Don’t Stop Believin
- Neil Diamond – Sweet Caroline
- Proclaimers – I’m Gonna Be (500 Miles)
- Tony Christie – (is this the way to) Amarillo
- Rednex – Cotton Eye Joe
- The Spice Girls – Megamix
- Ke$ha & Pitbull – Timber
- Pitbull- Feel This Moment Feat Christina Aguilera
- A R Rahman & The Pussycat Dolls – Jai Ho! (You Are My Destiny)
- Lou Rawls – Lady Love
- Hot Chocolate – You Sexy Thing
- House Of Pain – Jump Around
- Dexys Midnight Runners – Come On Eileen
- Madness – Baggy trousers
- Madness – One Step Beyond
- The Specials – Too Much Too Young
- Bad Manners – Special Brew
- Reef – Place Your Hands
- Little Mix feat. Sean Paul – Hair
- Rizzle Kicks – Mama Do The Hump
- Amy Winehouse; Mark Ronson – Valerie
- George Ezra – Shotgun
- DNCE – Cake By The Ocean
- Calvin Harris – My Way
- Keala Settle & The Greatest Showman Ensemble – This Is Me (Dave Aude Remix)
- Kings Of Leon – Sex On Fire
- The Killers – Mr Brightside (Cara and Joe’s selected last track of the evening)
Are YOU planning a wedding at The Old Hall?
Why not get in touch to discuss the evening’s entertainment?
It’s a venue I work in an awful lot, so I’m more than familiar with how things work in there.